- We are located at 4280 Ashley River Road, adjacent to Middleton Place Plantation on the same road as goes to the Middleton Place Inn.
- There is no fee to enter the Trail Ride Welcome Center!
- Riders will be asked to arrive 15 minutes before the ride, any rider not present 10 minutes prior to the ride will be unable to participate. Please wear long pants and comfortable clothing.
- No flip-flops, sandals, Crocs, or open toed shoes of any kind.
- Trail rides leave daily at 10:00 PM, 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM.
- If you have a special event or cannot make a regularly scheduled time, please call us as we can often make other times available!
- All riders must sign a waiver prior to riding and must wear a helmet (which is provided)
- You must make a reservation for all trail rides - please Book Online Here!
- Feel free to call our office at 843.556.0449 with any questions.
- Please plan to book your ride several weeks in advance, as they do fill quickly.
- The Ride is approximately one hour, at the pace of walking only, and it is led and narrated by an experienced Trail Guide
- No rider experience is necessary.
- Each ride leaves from the Middleton Place Equestrian Center to follow the beauty and nature of the SC Lowcountry through wooded trails and around a historic rice field.
- We do not offer unsupervised horse rentals. All of our trail rides are guided.
- CHECK-IN TIME FOR ALL RIDES IS 20 MINUTES BEFORE RIDE DEPARTURE.
- Weight and Age restrictions (240 lbs/8 Years) apply. A scale is available for your use.
- Management reserves the right to cancel any planned trail ride when weather or any other conditions make riding unadvisable. Any cancelled rides will be refunded.
- Cancellation policy: If your scheduled ride is not cancelled at least 24-hours in advance, your credit card will be charged full price.
Please call the Equestrian Center's office at 843-556-0449 with any questions.
Our horses are cared for with love and pride and will become your trusted companion on your journey!
RULES & SAFETY
All Riders Must:
- Sign a Visitor's Acknowledgement of Risk (Riders under 18 years old must have release signed by a parent or legal guardian)
- Be at least 8 years of age
- Weigh under 240 pounds
- Wear long pants, closed-toe shoes, and a provided helmet
- Have a reservation
- There is no "double riding" or sharing of a horse
- Sign Waiver tab inserted here
- Middleton Equestrian Center is a non-smoking facility; no dogs are allowed.
- For your own safety, please supervise young children.
- Open every day of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas and accept all major credit cards.